Saturday, March 14, 2009

Take Your Time

I was in a very weird mood today when I came home from work. Kinda bummed to the core and kind of energetic and motivated at the same time. So I decided to clean up the kitchen alittle bit and do some dishes. After that I thought I'm actually going to get some recording done and add the layers I have been hearing in my head for a few days now.

Up first I redid my vocal parts completely for the song "Oh Pennsylvania, Your Black Clouds Hang Low" and did much better this time I recorded a close mic on the squier amp I was screaming through and room mic that picked up my non-effected voice but also picked up the distortion in the distance from the amp. I decided to just go with the room mic track.

After that I have been thinking about adding more live percussion to the song "Memories You'll Never Feel Again" (which if you check the myspace page is the song "Their Frail Waltz") But I just wasn't getting the sound from the Toms that I wanted so I scratched that idea. I also unmuted the vocal track that is practically not even there, but I know it's there so that's what matters. I also added an additional synth line to the swell at the end that goes into the quiet part, I want to make an EQ adjustment right where it begins the quiet ending so it almost sounds like a mellotron. If I can I want to assemble a small choir for serious for the ending of the song to follow the guitar/rhodes/synth melody that is playing while it swells. I believe this is because I listened to "Dark Side of the Moon" like a million times last week.

The album is pretty much done when I finish that and do the "cassette" opening to the album and I'm being one hundred percent serious this time around, I haven't added or taken away any songs in the past few months I've been working with the same 7 songs I've just switched the sequence of the album up slightly.



The kid upstairs was playing his marching snare today I could hear it clear as day in the basement while recording. I came upstairs to get something it sounded like he had a bucket turned upside down for a tom and a kick pedal up against the well, I sure as hell hope he had a practice pad up or those walls are fucked.


I'm feeling more down now, all the energy and motivation are kind of gone. Just hanging out in the living room now listening to some jams until nicci gets home.

I need to put together a list of the new releases that came out this year that I have yet to pick up, I also need to start adding more CDs to my hard drive I'm getting bored of the music I have on here.

I find out on April 9th what is up with my job. That's all for now.

No comments: