Saturday, February 21, 2009

feelin' old.

So I'm listening to Fiona Apple's "When the Pawn..." album right now, and I decided to go look up the release date thinking I could put it in my favorite albums of the last ten years being 2000 - 2010. Well I can't!!! It came out November 9th 1999. I can still remember sitting on front porch on what seemed like a warm October or November night with my hippie next door neighbor Alicia forcing me to give it a listen, and after a week or two of my down right denying any thought of even listening to it, I agreed, and from that day on it has been one of my favorite albums of all time, it is definitely a desert island jam!


It's just weird to think that some of my favorite albums are just about a decade old, or only a short distance away from being a two decades old. I'm not talking about older bands I got into in the recent years that have had albums out for decades before I've gotten into them, but straight up albums I bought on the day they came out, and spent many nights and days laying in bed reading the booklets front to back as it played across the room on my little boom box.

But music is great like that it can bring you back to any moment in your life where it played a significant role. It's probably why I love it so much and why myself and my best friend connect so much over music.

What are some of your favorite albums and what your fondest memories of them?

I'll post more of mine soon.

PS: This album needs a deluxe version! but that's a whole other topic in itself.

No comments: