Monday, March 17, 2008

While my guitar gently weeps.

So before I left for work today I recieved to albums in the mail, 1. Sunn O))) "Oracle" LP (it was supposed to be the CD but tower records listed it incorrectly on their website!!!!) I wouldve sent it back normally but the packaging is so sick on it! 2. Damon & Namoi "The Earth is Blue" which features the electric guitar stylings of Micho Kurihara. So seeing that this came in the CD format I had ordered it on, I decided to bring it with me for my 20 minute ride to work. As I'm driving I think to myself "If anyone's guitar really "Gently Weeps" it's definitely Kurihara's" so a few minutes go by and no word of lie a cover of George Harrison's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" came on!!!! It fucking blew my mind!!!!!

I'm hoping my Inoxia records version of Boris' "Smile" comes tomorrow or wednesday so I can fully listen to it without distraction!!!

No comments: